The Washington State Sri Lankan Tamil Association (WSSTA) is a 501 (c) non-profit cultural organization incorporated in the State of Washington.
The mission of WSSTA is to promote Tamil culture and traditions; provide opportunity for the young generations of Sri Lankan Tamils in the State of Washington to learn the history, traditions, values and culture of Tamils; and improve the welfare of Sri Lankan Tamils living in the State of Washington, and in Sri Lanka.
The goals of WSSTA are:
- To cultivate, promote and foster the advancement of knowledge in Tamil language, literature, culture, music and art;
- To promote the education, study and appreciation of Tamil language and culture among the young generations of Sri Lankan Tamils in the State of Washington;
- To provide a forum for exchange of ideas and promote common interests that concern the Sri Lankan Tamil community in the State of Washington; and
- To foster the welfare and humanitarian issues of the Tamils in Sri Lanka; and act upon charitable causes concerning the welfare of Tamil community in Sri Lanka.
- Pratheeba Satkunanathan (President)
- Jude Srikanth (Vice-President)
- Indra Joseph (Treasurer)
- Pratheep Raveendranathan (Secretary)
- Senthuran Kandiah (Events Coordinator)
- Shama Nathan (Youth Coordinator)
- Josephine Gnanarajah (Adviser)
- Chelvy Suntharesan (Director)
- Mohan Joseph (Director)